Header Ads

LOOK: An Open Letter of Stranded Man to Bayan’s lider Renato Reyes

On Friday, militant group Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (BAYAN) and other leftist groups converged in Mendiola to protest President Rodrigo Duterte’s martial law proclamation over Mindanao. The group was headed by no other than the career social cancer Renato Reyes.

While condemning the Maute group’s attack on Marawi, the protesters —Bayan Muna’s Secretary General Renato Reyes — said Duterte lacked basis to declare the entire island under martial law.

“We also march to oppose Duterte’s Martial Law and the human rights violations it brings. There is no basis to place the entire Mindanao under Martial Law. The government already has enough powers to deal with the Maute group even without resorting to Martial Law,” he said.

Reyes also said that the government — instead of trying to solve Mindanao’s problems militarily — should instead address its root concerns.

“We also march for peace based on justice, for Mindanao and the entire country. The raging conflict in Mindanao is rooted in poverty, inequality, rights violations including the right to the self-determination. These will require more than just a militarist solution. Martial Law is never an answer,” he said.

Calling on Duterte to lift his proclamation immediately, Reyes also urged the public to remain vigilant amid his earlier statement saying he is open to expanding the martial law coverage to Luzon and Visayas.
Advertisement
“We call on the people to expose and oppose the militarist and rightist agenda behind Martial Law. This includes possible US involvement in exploiting the ISIS threat to justify fascist measures and foreign military intervention, in the name of “fighting terrorism”. We call for heightened vigilance and resistance,” he said.

While the group were busy protesting, several people were stranded for several minutes because of the crowd. Among the stranded was Julius Francisco, a former OFW from Iloilo City who has business in Malacañang but had to postpone his appointment because the office where he supposed to go was already closed. Francisco was extremely angered by the group, especially its leader, Renato Reyes.

In a lengthy message, Francisco sent an email to OKD2.com criticizing Mr. Reyes and his group on “destabilizing the normal daily chores of people who work hard and pay taxes so the government can operate normally”. Part of Mr. Francisco’s letter addressed to Renato Reyes follows below.

To Renato Reyes and his fellow social cancer

Dr. Mr. Reyes,

I was born inside a nipa hut in the town of Oton, Iloilo. The hut was located in the middle of rice fields where my father was working. I grew up in the same house until I turned 7. My father had to relocate his family near the barangay center because I had to go to school. In short, I grew-up in poverty.

I finished high school while working in rice fields during weekends and summer vacation. I finished my two-year vocational course doing the same thing.

After finishing a two-year course, I became a machinist. I worked in Iloilo City to support my younger sister – my only sibling. Because my salary was not enough to send her to college, I had no choice but to apply abroad where I worked for 15 years.

Mr. Reyes, since I worked in Iloilo City, I was already paying taxes. When I became an OFW, I was also paying taxes. Now that I became a businessman, I am paying a bigger taxes.

Sponsor
Before, I didn’t mind paying taxes as long as my take home pay could support my family. Today is different.

When you and your group sabotaged my business trip to Malacañang, I wondered why people like you still exists.

I was wondering why people like you demanded too much from the government where in fact, you are useless to the government. The government can’t run and operate without taxpayers like me. How about you Mr. Reyes? How much tax those people are paying so they can sabotage people like us? What rights do you have to demand from the government where in fact you are not giving anything in return?

Mahiya naman kayo sa kagaya naming nagbabayad ng tax para tumakbo ng maayos ang gobyerno. Para kayong mga nasa kulungan. Wala na ngang kwenta, kung anu-ano pa ang hinihingi. Poverty is not the reason why you are doing annoying things. Dahil walang mahirap kung walang tamad na kagaya ninyo.

Sino ba sa atin ang ipinanganak na mayaman? Ikaw Mr. Reyes, mas maayos nga kung tutuusin ang buhay mo dahil napag-aral ka ng magulang mo sa maayos na paaralan. Ano ang isinukli mo? Mula ba noong naging aktibista ka ginagampanan mo ba ng maayos ang pagiging isang Pilipino? Nagbabayad ka ba ng tax para may maitulong ang gobyerno sa mga tao? Wala kayong karapatang mag demand ng kung anu-ano at mamerwisyo sa publiko dahil mga wala kayong kwentang tao. Salot sa lipunan.

This letter may or may not reach you Mr. Reyes, but take note. Ang mga kagaya mo ang nagpapahirap at nagpapagulo sa Pilipinas.

Ang kapatid ko gabi kung pumasok sa call center at tanghali kung lumabas. Kapiranggot na lamang ang natitira sa sweldo dahil ibinabayad sa gobyerno, na siya namang ginagastos ng gobyerno sa mga walang kwentang tao, kagaya ng KADAMAY at iba pang “maralita kuno”.

Bata ka pa Mr. Reyes para baguhin ang buhay. Kawawa ang mga anak mo pag hindi mo itinuwid ang buhay mo – na kagaya mo, magiging walang kwenta tao din sila balang araw kapagka nagkameron ng pag-iisip na kagaya mo.

Last words Mr. Reyes – kung ang lahat ng tao sa Pilipinas ay kagaya mo ang utak, dadami lalo ang mahirap dahil lahat ng tao aasa na lamang sa gobyerno, at wala nang may magbabayad ng tax.

[SOURCE]


Visit and follow our website: TopNews Ph
© TopNews Ph

Like us:
Loading...

No comments

Powered by Blogger.